CS/SB 1606: Victims of Communism
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Rodriguez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia ; Hutson ; Rodrigues
Victims of Communism; Establishing November 7 as the Victims of Communism legal holiday; requiring the Legislature to annually observe a moment of silence in observance of the victims of communism; requiring high school students in a United States Government course to receive certain instruction on “Victims of Communism Day”, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5 (Ch. 2021-158)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 153
• Introduced -SJ 153
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/16/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/24/21, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 320
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 332
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5 (Ch. 2021-158)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.