CS/CS/SB 1734: Consumer Data Privacy
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Commerce and Tourism ; Bradley
Consumer Data Privacy; Citing this act as the "Florida Privacy Protection Act"; requiring certain businesses that collect consumer personal information to provide certain information to the consumer; providing that consumers have the right to direct certain businesses not to sell their personal information; prohibiting businesses from selling the personal information of consumers younger than a specified age without express authorization from the consumer or the consumer’s parent or guardian under certain circumstances; authorizing consumers to initiate civil actions for violations; providing civil remedies, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 753
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 198
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 323
• Now in Rules
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/21 -SJ 843
• Read 2nd time -SJ 752
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 969 (Died in returning Messages) -SJ 753
• Laid on Table -SJ 753
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.