CS/CS/SB 1826: Human Trafficking
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Criminal Justice ; Diaz
Human Trafficking; Providing that a communication between a human trafficking victim advocate or trained volunteer and a human trafficking victim is confidential in certain circumstances; prohibiting a person from engaging in specified criminal acts relating to human trafficking with an adult believed to be a child younger than 18 years of age; prohibiting a clerk of the court from charging certain fees for petitions for expunction of human trafficking victim criminal history records; requiring a court to impose specified conditions on probationers or community controllees who are placed under supervision for committing a specified human trafficking offense on or after a certain date, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 205
• Introduced -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 313
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -SJ 408
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 409
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/21 -SJ 465
• Read 2nd time -SJ 435
• Amendment(s) adopted (850610, 970458) -SJ 435, 436
• Read 3rd time -SJ 437
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 437
• Immediately certified -SJ 465
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/22/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Amendment 365013 filed
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 523
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 365013 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Message sent to senate
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (365013) -SJ 740
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 740
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 740
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-189
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.