CS/CS/SB 184: Purple Alert
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Transportation ; Berman
Purple Alert; Requiring the Department of Law Enforcement, in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the Department of the Lottery, and local law enforcement agencies, to establish and implement the Purple Alert; requiring the local law enforcement agency having jurisdiction to notify media and alert subscribers if a Purple Alert is determined to be necessary and appropriate; providing that the Department of Law Enforcement, as the Purple Alert coordinator, and certain agencies, employees, individuals, and entities are immune from civil liability for damages when performing certain actions in good faith, etc. APPROPRIATION: $199,901
Last Action: 6/17/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-93
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/02/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 175
• Now in Appropriations
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 166
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 475
• Read 2nd time -SJ 516
• Read 3rd time -SJ 516
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 516
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 79
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 1
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-93
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.