CS/SB 1864: Educator Conduct
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Diaz
Educator Conduct; Requiring the Department of Education to maintain a disqualification list of certain persons; providing that certain provisions relating to conduct and prohibition from employment apply to educational support employees; prohibiting certain employees and personnel from employment under certain circumstances; prohibiting certain individuals from employment at a charter school; revising acts that warrant a disciplinary action by the Education Practices Commission, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 131 (Ch. 2021-138) -SJ 858
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 208
• Introduced -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/30/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 485
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/21 -SJ 957
• Read 2nd time -SJ 858
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 131 -SJ 858
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 131 (Ch. 2021-138) -SJ 858
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.