CS/CS/SB 1890: Campaign Financing
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ethics and Elections ; Rodrigues
Campaign Financing; Providing a limitation on contributions made to political committees sponsoring or opposing a constitutional amendment proposed by initiative; preempting counties, municipalities, and other local governmental entities from enacting or adopting any limitation or restriction involving certain contributions and expenditures, or establishing contribution limits different than those established in the Florida Election Code; prohibiting a candidate from donating surplus funds to a charitable organization that employs the candidate; providing that any candidate required to dispose surplus funds may give certain surplus funds to the state or a political subdivision, to be disbursed in a specified manner, etc.
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 210
• Introduced -SJ 209
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/16/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/30/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 353
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/21 -SJ 465
• Read 2nd time -SJ 439
• Amendment(s) failed (110510) -SJ 439
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 470
• CS passed; YEAS 23 NAYS 17 -SJ 470
• Immediately certified -SJ 470
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/23/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Amendment 538709 filed
• Amendment 265735 filed
• Amendment 893237 filed
• Amendment 140927 filed
• Amendment 416403 filed
• Amendment 538709 withdrawn
• Amendment 140927 withdrawn
• Amendment 416403 withdrawn
• Substituted for CS/HB 699
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 893237 Failed
• Amendment 265735 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 75, NAYS 40
• Message sent to senate
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 723
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-16
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.