CS/SB 1920: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Book
Child Welfare; Specifying circumstances under which a court is required, on or after a specified date, to appoint a guardian ad litem; renaming the Guardian Ad Litem Qualifications Committee as the Child Well-Being Qualifications Committee; specifying that the executive director of the Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office may be reappointed; creating the Statewide Office of Child Representation within the Justice Administration Commission; specifying when the court is authorized or required to appoint an attorney for the child; requiring the court to appoint the Statewide Office of Child Representation, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 213
• Introduced -SJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building --Amendment(s) Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/08/21, 11:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 465
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.