CS/SB 1922: Dissolution of Marriage
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hooper
Dissolution of Marriage; Requiring the court to prioritize certain forms of alimony; revising provisions related to durational alimony; creating a presumption that equal time-sharing is in the best interests of a child, with an exception; requiring the court to grant a final judgment of dissolution of marriage and reserve jurisdiction to adjudicate other substantive issues, under certain circumstances, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 214
• Introduced -SJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/29/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 4 -SJ 324
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 330
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 384
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.