CS/SB 1944: Utility and Communications Poles
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Albritton
Utility and Communications Poles; Exempting certain rules adopted by the Public Service Commission from legislative ratification requirements; requiring the commission to regulate and enforce rates, charges, terms, and conditions for pole attachments under certain circumstances; providing situations under which a pole owner may deny access to the owner’s pole on a nondiscriminatory basis; requiring the commission to hear and resolve complaints concerning rates, charges, terms, conditions, voluntary agreements, and denial of access relative to pole attachments, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 House - Message sent to senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 217
• Introduced -SJ 217
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/16/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 270
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 341
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 4 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 486
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 613
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 663
• Amendment(s) adopted (757712) -SJ 664
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 665
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/27/2021)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 3
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 846
• Message sent to senate
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.