CS/SB 288: Victims of Reform School Abuse
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Rouson
Victims of Reform School Abuse; Citing this act as the “Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys and Okeechobee School Abuse Victim Certification Act”; requiring a person seeking certification under the act to apply to the Department of State by a certain date; requiring the department to examine the application, notify the applicant of any errors or omissions, and request any additional information within a certain timeframe; requiring the department to certify an applicant as a victim of Florida reform school abuse if the department determines that the application meets the requirements of the act, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2021 Senate - CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 169
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/26/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 177
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• Introduced -SJ 57
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 169
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.