CS/SB 418: Public Records/Persons Provided Public Emergency Shelter
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Burgess
Public Records/Persons Provided Public Emergency Shelter; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for the addresses and telephone numbers of persons provided public emergency shelter during a storm or catastrophic event and held by the agency that provided the emergency shelter; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/21/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 327 (Ch. 2021-19) -SJ 546
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/16/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Introduced -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/06/21, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 379
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 546
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 327 -SJ 546
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 327 (Ch. 2021-19) -SJ 546
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.