HB 435: Veterans Employment and Training
GENERAL BILL by Sirois ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Barnaby ; Bush ; Caruso ; Chambliss ; Daley ; Davis ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Fischer ; Hunschofsky ; Killebrew ; Learned ; Leek ; Maggard ; McClain ; Melo ; Morales ; Salzman ; Slosberg ; Tant ; Valdés
Veterans Employment and Training; Directs Florida Is For Veterans, Inc., to serve as state's principal assistance organization under United States Department of Defense's SkillBridge program; prescribes duties of corporation to facilitate administration of SkillBridge program.
• Referred to Local Administration & Veterans Affairs Subcommittee
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Referred to Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Referred to State Affairs Committee
• Now in Local Administration & Veterans Affairs Subcommittee
• Added to Local Administration & Veterans Affairs Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable by Local Administration & Veterans Affairs Subcommittee
• Reported out of Local Administration & Veterans Affairs Subcommittee
• Now in Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Added to Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Reported out of Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Now in Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Added to Public Integrity & Elections Committee agenda
• Favorable by Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Reported out of Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Now in State Affairs Committee
• Added to State Affairs Committee agenda
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee
• Reported out of State Affairs Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/15/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 494
• Received -SJ 494
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 679
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 586 -SJ 679
• Read 2nd time -SJ 679
• Read 3rd time -SJ 679
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 679
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-66
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.