CS/CS/SB 654: Public Records/Department of Military Affairs
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Bradley
Public Records/Department of Military Affairs; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for certain information held by the Department of Military Affairs which is stored in a United States Department of Defense system of records, is transmitted using a United States Department of Defense network or communications device, or pertains to the United States Department of Defense; providing for retroactive application; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1069 (Ch. 2021-86) -SJ 696
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/30/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 348
• Original reference(s) removed: Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 382
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 476
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 696
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 1069 -SJ 696
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1069 (Ch. 2021-86) -SJ 696
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.