CS/SB 738: Bicycle Operation Regulations
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Baxley
Bicycle Operation Regulations; Providing an exception to the requirement that a person operating a bicycle ride upon or astride a seat attached thereto; revising construction relating to electric bicycle regulations, etc.
Last Action: 4/8/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 353 (Ch. 2021-20) -SJ 398
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/16/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Community Affairs
• Introduced -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/21 -SJ 341
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 328
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 341
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 398
• Substituted HB 353 -SJ 398
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 353 (Ch. 2021-20) -SJ 398
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.