HB 797: Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association
GENERAL BILL by Robinson, W.
Florida Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association; Redefines "person," to apply to provisions relating to life & health insurance guaranty of payments; authorizes Florida Life & Health Insurance Guaranty Association to assume, reissue, & cause to be reissued covered polices of impaired insurers; revises association's standing before court; provides association has right to appear or intervene before court or agency in another state; authorizes board of directors of association to credit specified assessments against certain future assessments; requires member insurers to pay deferred assessments.
Last Action: 6/14/2021 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance & Banking Subcommittee
• Referred to State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Commerce Committee
• Now in Insurance & Banking Subcommittee
• Added to Insurance & Banking Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable by Insurance & Banking Subcommittee
• Reported out of Insurance & Banking Subcommittee
• Now in State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of State Administration & Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Commerce Committee
• Added to Commerce Committee agenda
• Favorable by Commerce Committee
• Reported out of Commerce Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/15/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 496
• Received -SJ 496
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1470 -SJ 515
• Read 2nd time -SJ 515
• Read 3rd time -SJ 515
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.