SB 848: Electronic Legal Documents
GENERAL BILL by Powell
Electronic Legal Documents; Revising the definition of the term “online notarization”; clarifying that supervising the witnessing of an electronic record by an online notary public is a notarial act; revising the statutory form for an affidavit for acceptance of and reliance upon a power of attorney to reflect means of notarization; revising the form for a petition of summary relief for the sale or transfer of certain property owned by an absentee to reflect means of notarization, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 483 -SJ 608
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 98
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/02/21, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 98
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/09/21, 11:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 608
• Substituted HB 483 -SJ 608
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 483 -SJ 608
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.