CS/SB 936: Recovery of Spaceflight Assets
Recovery of Spaceflight Assets; Providing that a spaceflight entity retains ownership of a spaceflight asset after launch or upon reentry; requiring a person who finds an item reasonably identifiable as a spaceflight asset to report the description and location of the asset to law enforcement; authorizing the owner of a spaceflight asset to enter private property under specified circumstances; prohibiting a person from appropriating a spaceflight asset to his or her own use or refusing to surrender a spaceflight asset to law enforcement or the owner, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 221 (Ch. 2021-197) -SJ 581
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/01/21, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Introduced -SJ 104
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 174
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/16/21, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 12 NAYS 7 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 581
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 221 -SJ 581
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 221 (Ch. 2021-197) -SJ 581
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.