CS/CS/SB 938: Purple Star Campuses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Wright
Purple Star Campuses; Requiring the Department of Education to establish the Purple Star Campus program; specifying program criteria for participating schools; authorizing schools to partner with school districts to meet such criteria, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 429 (Ch. 2021-65) -SJ 670
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/09/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/16/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 242
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 642
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 644
• Read 2nd time -SJ 670
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 429 -SJ 670
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 429 (Ch. 2021-65) -SJ 670
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.