HB 997: Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Postsecondary Education Executive Search
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Garrison
Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Postsecondary Education Executive Search; Provides exemption from public records requirements for personal identifying information of applicant for president of state university or FCS institution; provides exemption from public meeting requirements for meeting held for specified purposes relating to postsecondary executive search; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 4/27/2021 Senate - Failed to pass; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 726
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Reported out of Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee
• Added to Government Operations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Government Operations Subcommittee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
• Added to Education & Employment Committee agenda
• Favorable by Education & Employment Committee
• Reported out of Education & Employment Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• Amendment 400401 filed
• Amendment 400401 withdrawn
• Amendment 729165 filed
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 729165 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 101, NAYS 16
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 498
• Received -SJ 498
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 696
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 220 -SJ 697
• Read 2nd time -SJ 696
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 725
• Failed to pass; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 726
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.