CS/SB 102: Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State
GENERAL BILL by Reapportionment ; Rodrigues
Establishing the Congressional Districts of the State; Adopting the United States Decennial Census of 2020 as the official census of the state for use in redistricting the state’s congressional districts; redistricting the state’s congressional districts in accordance with the United States Decennial Census of 2020 (plan H000C8019); providing for the inclusion of unlisted territory in contiguous districts in accordance with figures from the United States Decennial Census of 2020; requiring such maps to be made available to the public by the Office of Economic and Demographic Research within a specified timeframe, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2023 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 01/13/22, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 8
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 116
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/19/22 -SJ 209
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 171
• Read 2nd time -SJ 179
• Amendment(s) adopted (578304) -SJ 179
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 207
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 214
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 4 -SJ 214
• Immediately certified -SJ 215
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 210217 Failed
• Amendment 423999 Failed
• Amendment 729451 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Amendment 225011 adopted
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 67, NAYS 47
• Amendment 269533 engrossed amendment (replaces 729451, 225011)
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (269533) -SJ 664
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 664
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 664
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2022 Special Session C, 2022 Special Session D, 2022 Special Session A, 2023 Special Session B, 2023 Regular Session) -SJ 5
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 6
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.