CS/SB 1026: Living Organ Donors in Insurance Policies
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell
Living Organ Donors in Insurance Policies; Prohibiting insurers under specified policies from declining or limiting coverages and discriminating against persons based solely on their status as living organ donors, and from precluding insureds from donating organs; authorizing the Financial Services Commission to adopt rules and take actions to enforce specified laws, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1099 (Ch. 2022-59) -SJ 514
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Health Policy; Rules -SJ 69
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 216
• Now in Health Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/10/22, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 514
• Substituted CS/HB 1099 -SJ 514
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1099 (Ch. 2022-59) -SJ 514
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.