CS/SB 1060: Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program Student Service Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Hutson
Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program Student Service Requirements; Providing that students may satisfy eligibility requirements for a Florida Academic Scholars, Florida Medallion Scholars, Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars, or a Florida Gold Seal CAPE Scholars award, respectively, by performing a specified number of hours of paid work; authorizing, instead of requiring, such students to identify a specified interest or develop a plan for their service requirements under the program, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 461 (Ch. 2022-223) -SJ 683
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 71
• Introduced -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 349
• Original reference(s) removed: Commerce and Tourism
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations; Rules -SJ 382
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/22, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 628
• Substituted CS/HB 461 -SJ 683
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 461 (Ch. 2022-223) -SJ 683
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.