SB 1076: Florida Kratom Consumer Protection Act
GENERAL BILL by Gruters
Florida Kratom Consumer Protection Act; Creating the "Florida Kratom Consumer Protection Act"; defining the terms “kratom extract,” “kratom product,” and “processor”; prohibiting processors from selling, preparing, distributing, or exposing for sale certain kratom products; prohibiting processors from distributing, selling, or exposing for sale a kratom product to an individual under 21 years of age; providing civil penalties, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/18/22, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/22/22, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.