CS/SB 1236: County and Municipal Detention Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Jones
County and Municipal Detention Facilities; Establishing the Florida Model Jail Standards Working Group for a specified purpose; requiring that each entity that operates a municipal or county detention facility adopt the Florida Model Jail Standards approved by the working group; requiring the jail standards to identify what actions result in serious violations and notable violations; providing financial penalties for persons in charge of detention facilities who refuse to allow inspections or who refuse to provide access to detention facilities, or for facilities found to be noncompliant with the jail standards during an annual inspection or any reinspection, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 217
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 379
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 445
• Read 3rd time -SJ 445
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 445
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 1561
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 109, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 696
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-108
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.