CS/SB 1244: Statutes of Limitation for Offenses Relating to Sexual Performance by a Child
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Gibson
Statutes of Limitation for Offenses Relating to Sexual Performance by a Child; Eliminating statutes of limitations periods for prosecution of specified violations relating to sexual performance by a child if the offender was a certain age at the time of the offense, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 83
• Introduced -SJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 364
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 492
• Amendment(s) adopted (829124) -SJ 492
• Read 3rd time -SJ 492
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 492
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/7/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 735
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-170
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.