CS/SB 1260: Independent Hospital Districts
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Gruters
Independent Hospital Districts; Authorizing the governing body of an independent hospital district to evaluate certain benefits of the potential conversion of the independent hospital district to a nonprofit entity under certain circumstances; requiring that the evaluation be completed and the final report be presented to the governing body within a specified timeframe; requiring the governing body to negotiate and complete an agreement with the board of county commissioners for each affected county before converting the independent hospital district to a nonprofit entity; prohibiting members of the board of county commissioners for counties party to such agreements from serving on the board of the successor nonprofit entity, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 84
• Introduced -SJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/26/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 217
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/02/22, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 350
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• Read 2nd time -SJ 420
• Amendment(s) adopted (374510) -SJ 421
• Amendment(s) failed (137408) -SJ 421
• Read 3rd time -SJ 421
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 421
• Immediately certified -SJ 426
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 897
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 067307 adopted
• Amendment 767743 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 112, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 2 amendment(s) (067307, 767743) -SJ 728
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 728
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 728
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.