CS/HB 1435: Code and Traffic Enforcement
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Leek
Code and Traffic Enforcement; Authorizes designation of special event zone; provides requirements & enhanced penalties for certain infraction; authorizes impound of motor vehicle of person who commits certain infraction or violation; limits impoundment term; requires motor vehicle to be released upon payment of impound costs & fees; authorizes sheriff to grant temporary authority to law enforcement officer; provides for recovery of costs & fees associated with designating & enforcing special event zone; revises types of soundmaking devices or instruments subject to prohibition against operating or amplifying sound from motor vehicle; prohibits operation or amplification in areas adjoining private residences.
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Referred to Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Referred to Judiciary Committee
• Now in Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Added to Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Reported out of Criminal Justice & Public Safety Subcommittee
• Now in Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Added to Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Reported out of Tourism, Infrastructure & Energy Subcommittee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• Added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/1/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 90, NAYS 26
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 539
• Received -SJ 539
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 596
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1954 -SJ 596
• Read 2nd time -SJ 596
• Amendment(s) adopted (469986) -SJ 596
• Read 3rd time -SJ 596
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 596
• In Messages
• Added to Senate Message List
• Amendment 469986 Concur
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 83, NAYS 32
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-149
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.