SB 1562: Solar Photovoltaic Facility Development
GENERAL BILL by Ausley
Solar Photovoltaic Facility Development; Citing this act as the "Brownfields to Brightfields Act"; directing the Department of Environmental Protection, in coordination with the Office of Energy within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, to conduct a study of brownfield sites and closed landfill sites to determine viable locations for redevelopment as solar photovoltaic facilities, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 135
• Introduced -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 242
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/22/22, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.