CS/SB 336: Uniform Commercial Code
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Berman
Uniform Commercial Code; Providing that certain restrictions on the effectiveness of terms in specified agreements and the effectiveness of certain rules of law, statutes, or regulations related to the discharge of account debtors and certain restrictions on the assignment of promissory notes, health-care-insurance receivables, and certain general intangibles, respectively, do not apply to a security interest in an ownership interest in a general partnership, a limited partnership, or a limited liability company, etc.
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/02/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/22, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 96
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Introduced -SJ 19
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 89
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/22, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/27/22 -SJ 236
• Read 2nd time -SJ 231
• Read 3rd time -SJ 231
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 231
• Immediately certified -SJ 236
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 519
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 694
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-119
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.