CS/CS/SB 510: Financial Disclosures
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ethics and Elections ; Brodeur ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodrigues
Financial Disclosures; Revising the date by which full and public disclosure of financial interests must be filed electronically; requiring the Commission on Ethics to accept only disclosures in paper form through a specified date; requiring the commission to accept federal income tax returns, financial statements, and other forms or attachments showing sources of income for a specified purpose; requiring members of the Commission on Ethics and the Florida Elections Commission to file a full and public disclosure of financial interests; authorizing the commission to dismiss financial disclosure complaints alleging de minimis violations, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2022-157)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/30/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 96
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/12/22, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 30
• CS by Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 91
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/18/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 210
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 376
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 445
• Amendment(s) adopted (431710) -SJ 446
• Read 3rd time -SJ 446
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 30 NAYS 7 -SJ 446
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5003 (Ch. 2022-157)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.