CS/SB 520: Public Records and Public Meetings
Public Records and Public Meetings; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for any personal identifying information of an applicant for president of a state university or a Florida College System institution held by a state university or a Florida College System institution; specifying when the age, race, and gender of all qualified applicants considered and the personal identifying information of applicants who are in the final group of applicants are no longer confidential and exempt; providing an exemption from public meetings requirements for any portion of a meeting held for the purpose of identifying or vetting applicants for president of a state university or a Florida College System institution, including any portion of a meeting which would disclose certain personal identifying information of such applicants; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemptions; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 30
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 114
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/19/22, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 211
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 211
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/27/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -SJ 236
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/03/22 -SJ 337
• Read 2nd time -SJ 329
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 355
• Amendment(s) adopted (404840) -SJ 355
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 11 -SJ 356
• Immediately certified -SJ 364
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 703
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 86, NAYS 26
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 695
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 1220
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-15
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.