SB 542: Evidentiary Standards for Actions Arising During an Emergency
GENERAL BILL by Rodriguez
Evidentiary Standards for Actions Arising During an Emergency; Providing that specified actions taken by a business during certain declared emergencies may not be used as evidence in certain civil causes of action, etc.
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/30/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/22, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/20/22, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 215
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/27/22 -SJ 236
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Read 3rd time -SJ 235
• Passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 1 -SJ 235
• Immediately certified -SJ 236
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/22/2022)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/1/2022)
• Substituted for HB 411
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 782315 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 115, NAYS 2
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (782315) -SJ 727
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 727
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 727
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-99
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.