CS/SB 598: Public Records/Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel Office
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Baxley
Public Records/Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel Office; Expanding a public records exemption to include all records pertaining to a registration application submitted by any criminal conflict and civil regional counsel office for a registration certificate and registration license plate or decal issued under a fictitious name; providing for future legislative review and repeal; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2022 Senate - Ordered enrolled -SJ 735
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/10/22, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 96
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Introduced -SJ 37
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 92
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 01/19/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 211
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/22 -SJ 484
• Read 2nd time -SJ 474
• Read 3rd time -SJ 474
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 474
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/7/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 735
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.