CS/CS/SB 654: Protective Injunctions
Protective Injunctions; Authorizing clerks of the court to electronically transmit certain documents relating to an injunction for protection against domestic violence under certain circumstances; providing that electronically transmitted documents may be served in the same manner as certified copies; authorizing clerks of the court to electronically transmit certain documents relating to injunctions for protection against repeat violence, sexual violence, or dating violence and against stalking, respectively, under certain circumstances; requiring the Florida Sheriffs Association and the Florida Association of Court Clerks and Comptrollers to establish a joint workgroup for a specified purpose, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 905 (Ch. 2022-173) -SJ 668
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 40
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/08/22, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 376
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 667
• Substituted CS/HB 905 -SJ 668
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 905 (Ch. 2022-173) -SJ 668
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.