CS/SB 7040: Time Limitations for Preadjudicatory Juvenile Detention Care
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Appropriations
Time Limitations for Preadjudicatory Juvenile Detention Care; Requiring a child placed on supervised release detention care to comply with specified conditions under certain circumstances; authorizing a court to order that a child be placed on supervised release detention care for any time period until the adjudicatory hearing is completed; prohibiting a child from being held in secure detention care for longer than a certain time period under certain circumstances; requiring a court to conduct a hearing to determine the continued need for secure detention care under specified circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2022-181) -SJ 595
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/01/22, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Building --Discussed/Workshop - Motion adopted for the Comm. on Appropriations to consider and introduce the SPB.
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/09/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 2
• Referred to Rules -SJ 375
• Introduced -SJ 375
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/23/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 6 -SJ 454
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 458
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 595
• Substituted CS/HB 7029 -SJ 595
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2022-181) -SJ 595
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.