SB 840: Residential Property Riparian Rights
GENERAL BILL by Albritton
Residential Property Riparian Rights; Requiring land surveyors to give preference to using the prolongation-of-property-line method to establish a property owner’s riparian rights along a channel under certain circumstances; requiring courts to award reasonable attorney fees and costs to a prevailing party in a civil action under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environment and Natural Resources (EN)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 01/10/22, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/24/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/03/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/22 -SJ 364
• Read 2nd time -SJ 358
• Read 3rd time -SJ 358
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 358
• Immediately certified -SJ 364
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.