CS/CS/SB 988: In-person Visitation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman ; Rodriguez ; Perry
In-person Visitation; Citing this act as the “No Patient Left Alone Act”; requiring certain providers to establish visitation policies and procedures within a specified timeframe; authorizing the resident, client, or patient to designate an essential caregiver; requiring in-person visitation in certain circumstances; authorizing providers to suspend in-person visitation of specific visitors under certain circumstances, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 66
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/13/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 66
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 115
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/02/22, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 338
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 525
• Read 2nd time -SJ 594
• Amendment(s) adopted (826924) -SJ 594
• Read 3rd time -SJ 595
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 595
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 2
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-34
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.