CS/SB 1170: Flooding and Sea Level Rise Vulnerability Studies
Flooding and Sea Level Rise Vulnerability Studies; Revising the purposes for which the Department of Environmental Protection may provide grants under the Resilient Florida Grant Program to counties or municipalities; authorizing the department to provide such grants to water management districts for a specified purpose; requiring state-financed constructors to take specified actions before commencing construction of potentially at-risk structures or infrastructure beginning on a specified date; authorizing the department to bring civil actions, seek injunctive relief, recover certain funds, and enforce specified requirements, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 111 (Ch. 2023-231) -SJ 658
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/14/23, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/12/23, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 13 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 658
• Substituted CS/HB 111 -SJ 658
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 111 (Ch. 2023-231) -SJ 658
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.