CS/HB 287: Required Instruction in the History of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
GENERAL BILL by Education & Employment Committee ; Plasencia ; Trabulsy ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Antone ; Arrington ; Barnaby ; Bartleman ; Beltran ; Benjamin ; Berfield ; Borrero ; Bracy Davis ; Campbell ; Canady ; Caruso ; Casello ; Cassel ; Chaney ; Cross ; Daley ; Daniels ; Driskell ; Dunkley ; Edmonds ; Eskamani ; Fabricio ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Garcia ; Gossett-Seidman ; Griffitts ; Harris ; Hunschofsky ; Killebrew ; LaMarca ; Leek ; López, J. ; Lopez, V. ; Maney ; McClure ; Michael ; Mooney ; Overdorf ; Plakon ; Porras ; Rayner-Goolsby ; Rizo ; Roth ; Salzman ; Silvers ; Skidmore ; Smith ; Stark ; Steele ; Tramont ; Valdés ; Waldron ; Williams ; Woodson
Required Instruction in the History of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders; Requires history of Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders to be included in specified instruction; & provides requirements for such instruction.
Last Action: 5/5/2023 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education Quality Subcommittee
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in Education Quality Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Education Quality Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Education Quality Subcommittee
• Reported out of Education Quality Subcommittee
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
• Added to Education & Employment Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Education & Employment Committee
• Reported out of Education & Employment Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.