CS/CS/SB 308: Interscholastic Activities
Interscholastic Activities; Authorizing charter school students and Florida Virtual School full-time students to participate in extracurricular activities at a private school under certain circumstances; authorizing charter school students to participate in interscholastic extracurricular activities at a private school under certain circumstances; deleting a requirement that the appointing authority of members of the FHSAA Board of Directors make appointments that reflect the demographic and population trends of this state; providing that all appointed board members be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate, etc.
Last Action: 4/3/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 225 (Ch. 2023-97), CS/SB 190 (Ch. 2023-113) -SJ 312
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K -12; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/06/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 9 NAYS 3
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 141
• Now in Rules
• CS by Education Pre-K -12 read 1st time -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/30/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 5
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/23
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 311
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 225 -SJ 312
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 225 (Ch. 2023-97), CS/SB 190 (Ch. 2023-113) -SJ 312
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.