CS/SB 598: Higher Educational Facilities Financing
GENERAL BILL by Education Postsecondary ; Martin
Higher Educational Facilities Financing; Specifying when the term for a new appointee to the Higher Educational Facilities Financing Authority begins; authorizing the authority to conduct meetings and workshops by means of communications media technology; authorizing the authority to contract with an entity to assist with administrative matters; prohibiting the authority from entering into a financing agreement with a participating institution for a project if at the time the agreement is executed certain conditions exist, etc.
• Referred to Education Postsecondary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Education Postsecondary, 03/07/23, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Education Postsecondary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Education Postsecondary read 1st time -SJ 140
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/22/23, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 414
• Read 3rd time -SJ 414
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 414
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/25/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for HB 257
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.