CS/SB 622: Continuing Care Contracts
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Yarborough
Continuing Care Contracts; Revising a requirement for specified information that must be submitted by a provider applying for expansion of a certificated continuing care facility; revising financial institutions in which escrow accounts must be established; revising the timeframe during which the office may exempt certain providers from certain regulatory actions; providing that certain documents relating to a provider’s debt service reserve must require certain notice to the office before the withdrawal of debt service reserve funds; specifying the authority of residents’ councils and the eligibility of persons to participate in residents’ council matters, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1573 (Ch. 2023-295) -SJ 731
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/18/23, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 14 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 731
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1573 -SJ 731
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1573 (Ch. 2023-295) -SJ 731
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.