SB 62: Relief of Robert Earl DuBoise by the State of Florida
CLAIM/GENERAL by Grall
Relief of Robert Earl DuBoise by the State of Florida; Providing for the relief of Robert Earl DuBoise; providing an appropriation to compensate Mr. DuBoise for being wrongfully incarcerated for almost 37 years; prohibiting funds awarded under the act to Mr. DuBoise from being used or paid for specified attorney or lobbying fees; requiring specific reimbursement to the state should a civil award be issued subsequent to Mr. DuBoise’s receipt of payment under the act, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,850,000
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/23, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/21/23, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/13/23, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 1
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 434
• Read 3rd time -SJ 434
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 434
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/28/2023)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Substituted for HB 6005
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 105, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-320
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.