SB 662: Student Online Personal Information Protection
Student Online Personal Information Protection; Citing this act as the “Student Online Personal Information Protection Act”; prohibiting operators from knowingly engaging in specified activities relating to students’ covered information; providing circumstances under which an operator may disclose students’ covered information; providing construction; providing for enforcement under the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act; providing that the Department of Legal Affairs is the sole entity authorized to bring specified actions, etc.
• Referred to Judiciary; Education Pre-K -12; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/07/23, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Education Pre-K -12
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/20/23, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 390
• Amendment(s) adopted (937544) -SJ 390
• Read 3rd time -SJ 392
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 393
• Immediately certified -SJ 394
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 166975 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (166975) -SJ 781
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 781
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-170
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.