CS/CS/SB 748: My Safe Florida Home Program
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Banking and Insurance ; Boyd
My Safe Florida Home Program; Providing that licensed, rather than certified, inspectors are to provide hurricane mitigation inspections on site-built, single-family, residential properties that have been granted a homestead exemption; revising the hurricane mitigation inspectors that may be selected by the Department of Financial Services to provide hurricane mitigation inspections; revising the criteria for mitigation grant eligibility for homeowners; revising the improvements for eligible homes for which mitigation grants may be used; deleting a provision authorizing low-income homeowners to use grant funds for specified purposes, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2023 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 881 (Ch. 2023-176) -SJ 624
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 04/12/23, 11:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 14 NAYS 0
• Now in Fiscal Policy
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 04/20/23, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 20 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS/CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 623
• Substituted CS/HB 881 -SJ 624
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 881 (Ch. 2023-176) -SJ 624
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.