SJR 94: Partisan Election of Members of District School Boards
JOINT RESOLUTION by Gruters
Partisan Election of Members of District School Boards; Proposing amendments to the State Constitution to require members of a district school board to be elected in a partisan election, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Education Pre-K -12; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/14/23, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 3
• Now in Education Pre-K -12
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K -12, 03/27/23, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K -12; YEAS 7 NAYS 2
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 5
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 419
• Substituted HJR 31 -SJ 419
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HJR 31 (Passed) -SJ 419
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.