SB 4-B: Statewide Prosecutor
GENERAL BILL by Martin
Statewide Prosecutor; Specifying that certain crimes facilitated by or connected to the use of the Internet occur in every judicial circuit within the state; authorizing the Office of Statewide Prosecution to investigate and prosecute crimes involving voting in an election for a federal or state office, voting in an election on a referendum, an initiative, or an issue, the petition activities for a federal or state office, the petition activities for a referendum, an initiative, or an issue, or voter registration, etc.
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Fiscal Policy -SJ 2
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/07/23, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 2
• Favorable by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -SJ 12
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/23 -SJ 12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 10
• Read 3rd time -SJ 11
• Passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 12 -SJ 11
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/9/2023)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Substituted for HB 3B
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 942611 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 77, NAYS 33
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 42
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-2
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.