- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
Certified master social worker.
Certified master social worker.
491.0145 Certified master social worker.—The department may certify an applicant for a designation as a certified master social worker upon the following conditions:
(1) The applicant completes an application to be provided by the department and pays a nonrefundable fee not to exceed $250 to be established by rule of the department. The completed application must be received by the department at least 60 days before the date of the examination in order for the applicant to qualify to take the scheduled exam.
(2) The applicant submits proof satisfactory to the department that the applicant has received a doctoral degree in social work, or a master’s degree with a major emphasis or specialty in clinical practice or administration, including, but not limited to, agency administration and supervision, program planning and evaluation, staff development, research, community organization, community services, social planning, and human service advocacy. Doctoral degrees must have been received from a graduate school of social work which at the time the applicant was enrolled and graduated was accredited by an accrediting agency approved by the United States Department of Education. Master’s degrees must have been received from a graduate school of social work which at the time the applicant was enrolled and graduated was accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or the Canadian Association of Schools of Social Work or by one that meets comparable standards.
(3) The applicant has had at least 3 years’ experience, as defined by rule, including, but not limited to, clinical services or administrative activities as defined in subsection (2), 2 years of which must be at the post-master’s level under the supervision of a person who meets the education and experience requirements for certification as a certified master social worker, as defined by rule, or licensure as a clinical social worker under this chapter. A doctoral internship may be applied toward the supervision requirement.
(4) Any person who holds a master’s degree in social work from institutions outside the United States may apply to the department for certification if the academic training in social work has been evaluated as equivalent to a degree from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Any such person shall submit a copy of the academic training from the Foreign Equivalency Determination Service of the Council on Social Work Education.
(5) The applicant has passed an examination required by the department for this purpose. The nonrefundable fee for such examination may not exceed $250 as set by department rule.
(6) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize a certified master social worker to provide clinical social work services.
History.—ss. 15, 19, ch. 87-252; ss. 14, 19, 20, ch. 90-263; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 10, ch. 98-130; s. 33, ch. 2000-242.