SB 2104 — Governmental Reorganization
by Budget Committee
This summary is provided for information only and does not represent the opinion of any Senator, Senate Officer, or Senate Office.
Prepared by: Budget Committee (BC)
The bill provides for the following:
- Moves the Statewide Office for Suicide Prevention from the Executive Office of Governor to the Department of Children and Family Services.
- Eliminates the Seaport Security Standards Advisory Council.
- Removes the Office of Drug Control from involvement in approving waivers to seaport security standards and maritime domain security awareness training.
- Eliminates the Office of Drug Control and moves the Statewide Drug Policy Advisory Council from the Office of Drug Control to the Department of Health.
- Removes the director of the Office of Drug Control from the Suicide Prevention Coordinating Council and replaces with staff from the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budgeting.
- Amends s. 1006.07, F.S., to eliminate language requiring the approval role of the Office of Drug Control for materials provided to school districts relating to suicide prevention educational resources.
If approved by the Governor, these provisions take effect July 1, 2011.
Vote: Senate 35-4; House 81-38