The Senate will convene on Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at 10:30 a.m. or upon the call of the President.
1:00 — 3:00 PM
3:30 — 5:30 PM
2020 Legislative Session
The Senate convened on Tuesday, January 14, 2020. The 2020 Regular Session is scheduled to conclude on Friday, March 13, 2020.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
- 2020 Start of Session Newsletter (pdf) January 15, 2020 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- President Galvano Unveils “Resilience” Sculpture at Public Entrance to Senate Gallery January 14, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Galvano’s Opening Day Remarks as Prepared January 14, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office
- The Mayfield Minute with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) January 13, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Brandes Files Adult Use Marijuana Legislation January 13, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Brandes
- Senator Lori Berman and Representative Tina Polsky File Legislation to Protect Users of Medical Marijuana January 13, 2020 - Press Release by Senator Berman
- Senate Democrats Propose Legislation Boosting Pay of Florida’s Teachers and Education Support Network January 13, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- MEDIA ADVISORY: President Galvano to Host Special Recognition Ceremony January 10, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office